PATIENT ACCOUNT REP I - CUSTOMER SERVICE (REQ 3382)
Work Hours: 8-10
This Patient Account Rep 1 - Customer Service position is located at Homer Medical Center (HMC), one of our outpatient clinics.
This is a full-time benefited position, 40 hours per week, day shift, Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays.
$23.56 – $30.20/hr and up (rate of pay range quoted is for 0-20 years of experience, rate is higher with more years of experience, PLUS shift differentials for evenings, nights and weekends)
What you'll do:
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers, employees, visitors and vendors while maintaining positive community relations and performing the duties of the Switchboard Operator and Front Desk reception.
- Be able to communicate effectively and pleasantly both on the phone and in person.
What you'll need:
- Possess the minimum of a high school diploma or GED.
- Two to three years of experience in computerized hospital patient accounts is preferred.
- Be able to operate such general office machines as a typewriter, computer, adding machine by touch, photocopier, FAX and multi-line switchboard phone system.
- This position must present a professional appearance, deal courteously and respectfully with patients, be able to learn and follow established departmental policies, be able to perform work with attention to detail, be able to maintain accurate records and be able to contribute to a pleasant, positive working environment.
What you'll get:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance,
- Up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account w/health insurance,
- Generous Paid Time Off / Vacation Time and Sick Time,
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year,
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement - up to $400 per year,
- Annual Retention Bonus,
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match!
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance,
- Student Loan Forgiveness,
- Tuition Reimbursement,
- Bereavement Leave - up to 40 hours,
- In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH), with an attached 28 bed long term care facility, and a variety of clinics. We provide care close to home for the southern Kenai Peninsula. We have been three times named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital out of more than 1,300 critical access hospitals nationwide.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four to five hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Tara Kain, HR Recruiter, in the Human Resources Department at South Peninsula Hospital, at 907-235-0950 or email email@example.com.