PATIENT ACCOUNT REP I - REGISTRATION (REQ 3482)
Work Hours: Variable
This Patient Account Rep 1 position is located at the main registration area of the hospital.
This is a non-benefited Casual position with variable hours.
$27.09 – $34.73/hr** and up (rate of pay range quoted is for 0-20 years of experience, rate is higher with more years of experience, PLUS shift differentials for evenings, nights and weekends)
**An additional 15% has been added to the quoted wage, in lieu of benefits.
What you'll do:
- Capture and verify all the information necessary for proper and clean registration of outpatient services.
- Review and audit all registered accounts on a daily basis to ensure sufficient financial data and patient demographics was gathered to expedite processing for prompt payment of claims or self pay accounts.
- Verify insurance and obtain and/or assist in obtaining any prior authorizations needed to authorize services and process prompt payment of claims.
- Serve as a backup to the Customer Service Front Desk position.
- Be able to communicate effectively and pleasantly both over the phone and in person.
What you'll need:
- The minimum of a high school diploma and two to three years of experience in computerized hospital patient accounts is preferred.
- Be able to operate such general office machines as a typewriter, computer, adding machine by touch, photocopier, FAX and multi-line switchboard phone system.
- Present a professional appearance, deal courteously and respectfully with patients, be able to learn and follow established departmental policies, be able to perform work with attention to detail, be able to maintain accurate records and be able to contribute to a pleasant, positive working environment.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH), with an attached 28 bed long term care facility, and a variety of clinics. We provide care close to home for the southern Kenai Peninsula. We have been three times named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital out of more than 1,300 critical access hospitals nationwide.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four to five hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Tara Kain, HR Recruiter, in the Human Resources Department at South Peninsula Hospital, at 907-235-0950 or email email@example.com.