PATIENT CARE TECH (REQ 3155)
Work Hours: Variable
Functions as a member of the Acute Care /ER health team to provide personal care to patients under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Charge Nurse. The PCT strives to assist patients to maintain and/or regain their optimal state of health and self-care and to provide dignity and comfort. Collaborates with team members to coordinate all unit activities and the flow of information between the AC/ER department and other ancillary departments and entities. Facilitates maximum reimbursement for patient services through accurate and complete registration process. Assists in providing clerical support, answering phones, order entry in CPSI when needed and stocking of the units.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have successfully completed a Certified Nurse Aide course of study, be certified by the State of Alaska, and maintain this certification on a biannual basis.
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the State of Alaska.
- Maintains BLS certification.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 30 pounds without self- injury, as well as ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, including stooping and sitting.
- Must have at least one year experience working with computers and ability to use word processing/spreadsheets.
- Ability to work effectively under mental and emotional pressure of emergency situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS (for benefit eligible positions, not including Casual positions): Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account w/health insurance, Generous Paid Time Off/Vacation Time and Sick Time, 8 Paid Holidays Per Year, Health & Wellness Reimbursement, Annual Retention Bonus, 403b Retirement Plan, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, Student Loan Forgiveness, Tuition Reimbursement, Bereavement Leave, In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH) located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. There is a 28 bed long term care facility attached to the hospital.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time,Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 1737