PHLEBOTOMIST / CLERK 1 (PCN 993)
Work Hours: variable
This position, under the immediate supervision of the laboratory director, is also supervised by the general supervisor, technical supervisor, and clinical laboratory scientists when appropriate. The scope of responsibility is:
- To perform phlebotomy and clerical duties as an employee of South Peninsula Hospital, with either laboratory or clinical home base. The clerk/phlebotomist will be cross-trained to provide coverage in the laboratory or clinical base as needed. Assignment of the phlebotomist/clerk to a base when staffing is low will be determined by acuity of base needs and per CBA guidelines.
- The clerk/phlebotomist is involved in pre-analytical, limited analytical, and post-analytical phases of testing in the laboratory or clinical base.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Certification as a medical assistant or phlebotomist preferred
- Experience as a phlebotomist, drawing neonates, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics
- Moderate knowledge of medical and laboratory terminology
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Excellent verbal, written and clerical skills
- Computer skills in order entry , Excel and Word
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!