PHLEBOTOMIST / CLERK 2 (Req #3071)
Work Hours: 25/week
STARTING SALARY: $22.59 - $23.97/hr and up (rate of pay quoted is for 0-4 years of experience, rate is higher with more years of experience, PLUS shift differentials)POSITION PURPOSE:
This position, under the immediate supervision of the laboratory director, is also supervised by the general supervisor, technical supervisor, and clinical laboratory scientists when appropriate. The scope of responsibility is:
- To perform phlebotomy and clerking duties as an employee of South Peninsula Hospital both in the hospital clinical laboratory and at Homer Medical Clinic. This will include registering patients into the Hospital Information System (HIS), performing phlebotomy, performing chain of custody drug screen collections, performing Breath Alcohol testing if appropriate, and other clerical duties as assigned.
- The clerk/phlebotomist is involved in the pre-analytical and post-analytical phase of the laboratory testing process.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Phlebotomy certification (ASCP) or equivalent
- Experience as a phlebotomist, drawing neonates, pediatrics, adults and geriatrics
- Moderate knowledge of medical and laboratory terminology
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Excellent verbal, written and clerical skills
- Computer skills in order entry , Excel and Word
EXCELLENT BENEFITS (for benefit eligible positions, not including Casual positions): Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account w/health insurance, Generous Paid Time Off/Vacation Time and Sick Time, 8 Paid Holidays Per Year, Health & Wellness Reimbursement, Annual Retention Bonus, 403b Retirement Plan, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, Student Loan Forgiveness, Tuition Reimbursement, Bereavement Leave, In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH) located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. There is a 28 bed long term care facility attached to the hospital.
We offer highly competitive wages and benefits including: health/dental/vision/life insurance, 403b retirement plan, health and wellness reimbursement, loan forgiveness, generous paid leave and relocation bonus (for applicable applicants). Apply today!
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!