PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (Req # 2935)
Work Hours: M-F
The Physical Therapy Assistant aides the therapists with patient care in outpatient orthopedic and neurological rehabilitation, some pediatrics, as well as Acute Care/Long Term Care settings.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a Physical Therapy Assistant license and be certified to practice in the State of Alaska.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma/GED.
- Must be BLS certified and maintain this certification.
- Must demonstrate the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.without injury to self or others.
- Must possess competent typing skills for preparation of reports, charting of patient care, and correspondence.
South Peninsula Hospital is combined of 22 bed acute care and 26 bed long-term care facility located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula in South-Central Alaska. The working environment is generally pleasant, clean and well maintained. This position requires walking, standing, stooping, periods of prolonged sitting, lifting occasional loads of 50 pounds without injury to self or others. Persons in this position may be exposed to falls, slips, infectious diseases, and muscle strains. Generally the physical demands are moderate, and the work is performed inside. This is a .8 FTE at 32 hours per week.