PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (REQ 3409)
Work Hours: M-F, 8 hour or 10 hour shift
This Physical Therapy Assistant position is located in our Rehabilitation Department at South Peninsula Hospital.
**RELOCATION PACKAGE AVAILABLE FOR THIS POSITION, or, if local, a sign-on bonus** For more information about our relocation package or sign-on bonus, please call Tara in Human Resources at 907-235-0950 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a full-time benefited position, 40 hours per week, day shift, Monday through Friday. Your weekly schedule may be four 10 hour shifts or five 8 hour shifts.
Physical Therapy Assistant 1: $31.60 - $44.75/hr and up (Rate is for 0-30 years, based on your years of experience.)
Physical Therapy Assistant 2: $36.04 - $47.37/hr and up (Rate is for 5-30 years, based on your years of experience.) Requires a minimum of 5 years of experience as a PTA, and certification in a specialty such as the PTA Advanced Proficiency Pathway (APP).
What you'll do:
- Aide the physical therapists with patient care in outpatient orthopedic and neurological rehabilitation, some pediatrics, as well as Acute Care/Long Term Care settings.
- Treat a wide variety of patients in our Acute Care and Long Term Care Departments
- Treat patients ranging in age from pediatrics to geriatric for rehabilitation
- Treat general inpatients and outpatients
- Join our dynamic rehabilitation team where evidence-based, optimum patient care is a top priority.
What you'll need:
- An Alaska Physical Therapy Assistant license and be certified to practice in the State of Alaska.
- Maintain a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
- Previous experience is preferred, but we are open to new graduates
- Demonstrate the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.without injury to self or others.
- Have competent typing skills for preparation of reports, charting of patient care, and correspondence.
What you'll get:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance,
- Up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account w/health insurance,
- Generous Paid Time Off / Vacation Time and Sick Time,
- 8 Paid Holidays Per Year,
- Health & Wellness Reimbursement - up to $400 per year,
- Annual Retention Bonus,
- 403b Retirement Plan with employer match!
- Company Sponsored Life Insurance,
- Student Loan Forgiveness,
- Tuition Reimbursement,
- Bereavement Leave - up to 40 hours,
- In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH), with an attached 28 bed long term care facility, and a variety of clinics. We provide care close to home for the southern Kenai Peninsula. We have been three times named a Top 100 Critical Access Hospital out of more than 1,300 critical access hospitals nationwide.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four to five hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact Tara Kain, HR Recruiter, in the Human Resources Department at South Peninsula Hospital, at 907-235-0950 or email email@example.com.