REGISTERED NURSE - ER (PCN 357)
Work Hours: 7-7
Delivery of age-specific, direct patient care. The Registered Nurse (RN) provides nursing care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process and within the framework of standards for nursing practice as established by the Alaska State Board of Nursing, and the American Nurses Association as well as the Emergency & Outpatient Services department policies and procedures. The RN assumes leadership responsibilities, which include delegation of work to other levels of employees.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The RN is accountable for the delivery of quality care to patients and families, according to the individualized needs of the patient and following the nursing process in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act. The RN is responsible for the assessment, treatment, and care for patients of all ages including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric, as applicable. RN must be competent to access and analyze patient information and history with an understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional/psychosocial, spiritual, and chronological maturation process. RN accepts and promotes professional development as an integral part of nursing practice. The position coordinates patient care activities with other members of the health care team in a collegial relationship and directs and coordinates care given by Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN’s), Certified Nursing Assistants (CNA’s), Nurse Graduate preceptees and Nursing students. The RN performs all duties in a manner that supports the team concept, collaborative caring and reflects the philosophy of the Emergency & Outpatient Services Department and the mission of South Peninsula Hospital.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited / approved School of Nursing.
- Licensure / Certification: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska. Must complete Chemotherapy/Biotherapy Certification within first year of hire.
- Experience: One year Registered Nurse experience in an Emergency Department setting with 3 years preferred. One year experience in Med-Surg preferred.
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- TNCC & ENPC and PALS preferred. Must complete within one year of hire.
- English Language: Must be able to read, write and speak English clearly.
- Other qualifications: Schedule varies to meet department needs. Ability/willingness to be on call, as required.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks, and work with a variety of health care team members effectively.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will also be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” You will absolutely love it here!