RESPIRATORY THERAPIST (REQ 3247)
Work Hours: Variable
The Respiratory Therapist (RT) administers specified respiratory treatments, medications, and life support to various patients, and conducts diagnostic examination for diagnoses of cardiovascular and pulmonary ailments.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have graduated from an accredited school of Respiratory Therapy, with certification and registration from the National Board of Respiratory Therapy Care.
- Must have a minimum of one year experience in Respiratory Therapy or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must maintain current certificaitons: BLS, ACLS, PALS and NRP
- This individual must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulation.
- Must have the ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to effectively present and respond to question from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure and have the ability to calculate figures and amounts, apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Must be able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists, interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form and exercise sound technical judgment and appropriate assessment skills.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed acute care facility located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. There is a 28 bed long term care facility attached to the hospital. The Acute Care Unit encompasses the medical-surgical beds, step-down care, swing bed, outpatient observation, ICU/CCU, the Family Birthing Center and the Emergency Room. The working environment is generally pleasant, is clean and well maintained. The position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting and the ability to lift 35 pounds. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, including all types of blood borne pathogens, muscle diseases, muscle strains, falls and needle stick injuries. This person is occasionally exposed to wet, humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles and frequently works near moving mechanical parts. This position is occasionally exposed to risk of radiation or electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Generally, physical demands are light and most work is performed inside. Work hours may be varied.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1817