REVENUE CYCLE DIRECTOR (PCN 118)
Work Hours: Days
Directs and oversees the overall policies, objectives, and initiatives of an organization's revenue cycle activities to optimize the patient financial interaction along the care continuum. Reviews, designs, and implements processes surrounding admissions, pricing, billing, third party payer relationships, compliance, collections and other financial analyses to ensure that revenue cycle is effective and properly utilized. Tracks numerous metrics related to the patient engagement cycle including record coding error rates and billing turnaround times to develop sound revenue cycle analysis and reporting. Manages relations with payers and providers to generate maximum reimbursement and an acceptable level of denials. Develops functional strategies and specific objectives for reporting to department managers and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure.
NATURE & SCOPE:
The Revenue Cycle Director position manages the activities of Patient Financial Services and Admissions. The Revenue Cycle Director will ultimately be responsible for the billing and reimbursement performance of all Revenue Cycle functions in the health care system, including Long Term Care, Provider Clinics and Home Health Departments. This Director is familiar with the duties and responsibilities for each of the department positions and will support those departments. This individual is self-directing and willing to accept the responsibility associated with maintaining the revenue cycle operational and strategic goals and duties. The Director is expected to work onsite at South Peninsula Hospital.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Required minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, which may be substituted with 10-15 years billing, collections, and customer service experience.
- A master’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration with focus on business in healthcare is preferred.
- This position requires a minimum of ten years (10) of experience working in the Revenue Cycle of a hospital with a broad base of experience in all positions associated with the Revenue Cycle of which 3 to 5 years was at a management level position.
- This individual must be able to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
- This individual must deal courteously and tactfully with colleagues and be able to contribute to a pleasant, positive working environment.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!