RN - LONG TERM CARE (REQ 3018)
Work Hours: 6a-630p Variable
STARTING SALARY: Pay depends on years of experience, for example; $40.73 - $43.23/hr for 0-4 years,10 years of experience is $47.27, 20 years of experience is $52.51, and higher for more years of experience. PLUS evening, night and weekend shift differentials.
The LTC Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Registered Nurse (RN) provides skilled nursing assessments and direct care to the LTC resident. This person takes as active role in planning resident care and ensures the quality of care given to the resident. The LPN/RN may function in the role of charge nurse and/or floor nurse by administering medications/treatments to the resident; oversee, monitor, and coordinate care performed by assigned staff per State/Federal regulations. The LPN/RN may be required to provide nursing care in other nursing departments of the facility to meet resident/patient care needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Alaska
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the State of Alaska
- Maintains BLS certification.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in Gerontology, preferable in a Long Term Care facility, is desired.
- Speaking, listening, and writing skills required to effectively communicate with others, and to document care provided. Ability to complete computer documentation is required.
- Numerical ability is required to calculate drug dosages.
- Obtains and maintains competency in IV therapy per facility policy.
- Must complete General and Licensed staff orientation for LTC.
- Must have ability to organize tasks.
- Supervisory Skills/aptitude.
EXCELLENT BENEFITS (for benefit eligible positions, not including Casual positions): Health/Dental/Vision Insurance, up to $2,000 annual Health Reimbursement Account w/health insurance, Generous Paid Time Off/Vacation Time and Sick Time, 8 Paid Holidays Per Year, Health & Wellness Reimbursement, Annual Retention Bonus, 403b Retirement Plan, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, Student Loan Forgiveness, Tuition Reimbursement, Bereavement Leave, In-House Workout Facility and much more!
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH) located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. There is a 28 bed long term care facility attached to the hospital.
We offer highly competitive wages and benefits including: health/dental/vision/life insurance, 403b retirement plan, health and wellness reimbursement, loan forgiveness, generous paid leave and relocation bonus (for applicable applicants). Apply today!
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. Homer is on the road system, and a four hour drive from Anchorage. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!