RN/LPN - LONG TERM CARE (REQ 2836)
Work Hours: Variable
***NEW GRADUATE LPN/RN'S WELCOME TO APPLY***
The LTC Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Registered Nurse (RN) provides skilled nursing assessments and direct care to the LTC resident. This person takes as active role in planning resident care and ensures the quality of care given to the resident. The LPN/RN may function in the role of charge nurse and/or floor nurse by administering medications/treatments to the resident; oversee, monitor, and coordinate care performed by assigned staff per State/Federal regulations. The LPN/RN may be required to provide nursing care in other nursing departments of the facility to meet resident/patient care needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Alaska
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the State of Alaska
- Maintains BLS certification.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in Gerontology, preferable in a Long Term Care facility, is desired.
- Speaking, listening, and writing skills required to effectively communicate with others, and to document care provided. Ability to complete computer documentation is required.
- Numerical ability is required to calculate drug dosages.
- Obtains and maintains competency in IV therapy per facility policy.
- Must complete General and Licensed staff orientation for LTC.
- Must have ability to organize tasks.
- Supervisory Skills/aptitude.
South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital (CAH) located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. There is a 28 bed long term care facility attached to the hospital.
Homer, Alaska, is a seaside town nestled on the shores of beautiful Kachemak Bay, offering breathtaking views of glaciers, mountains and wildlife. If you are looking for community, adventure, culture, scenery or solitude, you'll find all of that and more here!
We offer highly competitive wages and benefits including: health/dental/vision/life insurance, 403b retirement plan, health and wellness reimbursement, loan forgiveness, generous paid leave and relocation bonus (for applicable applicants). Apply today!