SENIOR ACCOUNTANT (PCN 746)
Work Hours: 8:00-4:30
The Senior Accountant’s primary duties are to maintain the accuracy and integrity of South Peninsula Hospital’s financial records while assisting the CFO and the Director of Finance with day-to-day analytical needs of financial data.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The position of Senior Accountant is a confidential position and plays a key role in the operations of the General Accounting Department, working collaboratively with a team of financial professionals. The Senior Accountant position is non-exempt under the laws of the FLSA. The Senior Accountant reports to the Director of Finance.
The South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed Acute care hospital and 28 bed long term care facility located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula in South-Central Alaska. The working environment is generally pleasant, clean and well maintained. The position requires a moderate amount of mobility. The ability to reason, speak and have basic manual dexterity is essential. There is the need to attend meetings and classes both inside and outside of the Hospital setting and to participate in interviews or provide training within the Hospital building. Physical demands are moderate and may include sitting, standing for prolonged periods, walking, stooping and occasional lifting. Most work is performed inside and the work is generally of a positive nature.
The duties and accountabilities of the Senior Accountant are clearly defined in this job description. The individual in this position is given the latitude to perform their job duties in a thorough manner, while remaining within the scope of their position description. Any problems or concerns regarding this position should be directed to the Director of Finance.
The Senior Accountant does not directly supervise any other position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
You will be a good fit for this job if…
You will be a good fit for this job if you meet the following:
- You possess a strong work ethic.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You possess a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- You bring a high level of critical thinking skills and are professional in judgement.
This individual must have excellent organizational skills and present a professional image. Must be able to demonstrate work with quasi-governmental accounting and GAAP.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum – Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or Finance
- Three (3) years of previous work experience in accounting is required.
- Experience working in a healthcare system is preferred.
- Experience in computerized accounting systems is required.
- Customer focused.
- Positive image of the department and organization.
- Pays attention to detail and performs analysis of data from various systems.
- Able to quickly and accurately assess accounting and data for interpretative value.
- Plans and organizes work activity to complete schedule assignments on time.
- Supports the efforts of both the CFO and Director of Finance.
- Performs all competencies in a safe manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and organizational records.
- Understands and adheres to SPH’s policies and procedures.
- Communicates appropriate verbal, nonverbal, and written communication skills.
- Aligns daily activity with mission, vision, and values of SPH.
- Promotes teamwork and works cooperatively with the public, other departments, and patients.
- Complies with organizational training requirements.
- May require overtime or weekends in order to meet deadlines.
- Works closely with management, and CFO particularly, on personnel and confidential matters.