STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN (REQ 3234)
Work Hours: 730-1600
Under the direction of the Surgical Services Director, this position is responsible for the operational functions of South Peninsula Hospital (SPH) Sterile Processing Department. Responsibilities to include compliance with regulatory agencies including CMS standards. Activities of the Sterile Processing Tech include but are not limited ot: daily equipment validation; washing, assembling, and sterilizing instrument sets; maintaining instrument inventory sheets; compiling monthly data reports; being flexible to meet the needs of daily surgical schedule; facilitating instrument repairs; facilitating necessary instrument replacement.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Two years of clinical/hospital sterile processing experience is preferred, with supervisory experience a plus.
- BLS certification is required within three months of hire.
- Required to obtain a Certified Registered Central Service Technician Certification through International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management or SPD Technician Certification Exam through CBSPD within one year of hire.
- Must be able to multitask while also maintaining close attention to detail, maintain accurate documentation as necessary and be willing to assist with special projects as needed.
- Demonstrate full understanding of patient safety and privacy rights.
- Fulfill annual requirements, including: Employee Health, Healthstream, and CMS requirements.
- They must be able to work well independently, as well as a part of a team.
- Must be able to work well with staff in other hospital departments as well as outlying clinics.
- Position requires work hour flexibility.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed critical access hospital and 28 bed long term care facility located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula in South-Central Alaska. The working environment is generally pleasant, clean and well maintained. The position requires the ability to physically stand, walk, stoop, kneel, speak, use repetitive hand motions, handle or feel for long periods of time. They will frequently be required to lift, push, pull, carry, and reach throughout the day. The job requires that weight be lifted or force be exerted for up to 35 pounds.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1802