SUPPORT SERVICES CLERK III (PCN 1147)
Work Hours: Days
The Support Services Clerk III works as a member of the Support Services team who provides a full range of administrative, support and clerical services for the Support Services Division (Facilities, EVS, Dietary, Bio-Med, and Security). This position may also participate and/or take minutes for various meetings or committees. The Support Service Clerk III position also has responsibility for various light duty preventative maintenance tasks and may be asked to assist Engineers, to meet the needs of the facility.
NATURE & SCOPE:
The Support Services Clerk III position performs a variety of tasks including, but limited to: time and attendance, purchase orders, file management, gathering documentation and statistical information for reports and regulatory requirements, and maintaining the facility cell phone program. The Support Services Clerk III is also responsible to manage the computer maintenance management program for work order distribution. This position is supervised by the Support Services Director.
The South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed critical access hospital located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. Attached to this facility is a 28 bed Long Term Care residential facility. The Support Services Clerk III may have contact or perform work in all of these areas. The ability to critically reason, communicate clearly and effectively, and perform tasks requiring basic manual dexterity is essential. The position requires a high degree of mobility with moderate but occasional physical demands that may include sitting for prolonged periods, standing, walking, climbing, stooping, and repetitive lifting of light loads. Psychological demands may be strenuous at times. The working environment is generally pleasant. Working hours may fluctuate.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have High school diploma or equivalent plus experience in an administrative or clerical field.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must have fast and accurate keyboard input skills.
- Must be computer literate in the MS Office environment (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) for use in word processing, spreadsheets, data bases, and graphic presentations.
- Must have the ability to operate office machines for copying, computing, faxing, and calculating.