Support Services Director (PCN 1140)
Work Hours: Variable
The Support Services Director will provide administration, direction, coordination, management and leadership to the assigned areas of responsibility within the hospital. The Support Services Director is responsible for organizing, planning, controlling and coordinating resources to provide quality patient care in a cost-effective manner in accordance with the South Peninsula Hospital values. The position provides on-site leadership and has operational responsibility for areas including Nutrition Services, Environmental Services, Materials Management and Medical Supply, Plant Operations and Safety & Security. The Director serves on advisory panels, boards, and/or committees of health-related organizations/agencies. The Director works with all levels of management to provide consistent and quality delivery of services. The Director must be an effective problem-solver, and work effectively in a fact paced environment. Incumbent must be able to function at the senior management level.
NATURE & SCOPE:
The Support Services Director plays a key role in the Hospital Senior Leadership Team. This position is exempt from overtime under the laws of the FLSA. The Support Services Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess the minimum of a bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, material management, business management or similar.
- Three years of managerial experience required.
- Position also requires computational skills.
- This individual should possess such general office skills as typing (50-60 wpm), adding machine by touch, and copy machine operation.
- Must be familiar (functionally literate) with personal computers and personal computer software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction, maintain confidentiality and be able to perform work with attention to detail.
The South Peninsula Hospital is a 22 bed acute care facility located at the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. Attached to this facility is a 28 bed Long Term Care residential facility. The Support Services Director directs the support services functions for South Peninsula Hospital. The working environment is generally pleasant and sedentary. Working hours may fluctuate.