SYSTEMS SUPPORT SPECIALIST (REQ 3453)
Work Hours: Days
The Systems Support Specialist functions as part of the overall Information Technology (IT) Team, providing Help Desk support and the duties associated with the day-to-day operations of the Information Systems as well as special projects assigned by the Information Technology Director.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least (18) years of age.
- Must have graduated from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning with an Associate Degree or higher; OR two years work experience in a support role or similar position.
- Experience supporting server-based systems as a primary support person is a plus.
- Experience or knowledge of CPSI (or similar HIS), is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Customer service background is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge working with system administration functions of Windows Server environments are a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft products is required.
- High attention to detail and documentation and producing timely, quality work.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combined 22 bed Acute Care Hospital and 28 bed Long Term Care facility located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking, standing for periods of time, stooping, sitting and occasional lifting. Persons in this position may be exposed to infectious diseases, including various blood-borne pathogens, potential muscle strains and falls. Generally, physical demands are light and most work is performed inside. Work hours may fluctuate based on the needs of the department.