ULTRASONOGRAPHER 3 (PCN 279)
Work Hours: variable
Functions as a member of the Diagnostic Imaging team to provide ultrasound exams as directed by physicians or radiologists in accordance with established standards and practices.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Graduate of a formal diagnostic AMA approved Medical Sonography Program.
- Registered with the American RDMS in Abdomen and OB/Gyn ultrasound and have advanced registration in Vascular Ultrasound (RVT) and Echocardiology (RDCS).
- Must maintain registration with the RDMS on an annual basis.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years of post graduate clinical experience.
- Must maintain current compliance with Continuing Medical Education (CME) requirements for specialty(ies) as appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 30 pounds without self injury, as well as ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, including stooping and sitting.
South Peninsula Hospital is a combination 22 bed acute care hospital and 28 bed Long Term Care facility located on the southern end of the Kenai Peninsula. The position requires walking and standing for prolonged periods, stooping, sitting, and the ability to lift loads without injury to self or others. Persons in this position are exposed to infectious diseases, falls, and muscle strains. Generally, physical demands are moderate and most work is performed inside. Working hours may fluctuate based on the demands of the work. Call is required.
The individual hired into this position will work variable shifts, including some Saturdays and weekend call. They also must be willing to share on call duties as assigned.